Kiss Off
Tinder again.....providing years and years of blogging material. Don't worry Bumble, you're next.
I experienced the absolute best kiss-off that I have ever heard. I have to tell him it was a job well done! It was.....blogworthy. 😘
A really hot and rather nice guy who was actually in my age range posted that he wanted to spend New Year's Eve by having a fabulous dinner and attending a concert, Gogol Bordello. I was super excited because I love that band. I had just missed seeing them in Denver. We met for lunch the day before the concert and yes, he passed my strict "will I spend time with you" guidelines. I must have passed his as well.
We met on New Year's Eve. He looked great. I was dressed up too. Dinner was absolutely fantastic. Honestly, I have not been to a place that nice in a while. I have never been taken someplace that nice because my ex was and ever will be a starving artist. If I wanted dinners like that, I would have had to pay for them. I did that occasionally. This guy planned everything out. It was also refreshing not to have to plan everything. This was a good experience just to make me realize that things are really different for me now. The conversation was good. He was complimentary and very polite. I did offer to pitch in towards the bill because it was the right thing to do, but he said no. We made our way over to the theater. It was nice to have someone to cuddle up to on such a cold night.
The show was indescribably great! So much energy! There was even a mosh pit. I didn't realize that was moshing music. I will be posting another Gogol Bordello post soon, but for this story, it has to be the Violent Femmes. I was the distant person I normally am, so he had to work pretty hard to get me to warm up. Sorry hot date, it's not you, it's me. I'm so uptight, and that was after the glass of whiskey on the rocks. No wonder he asked me if I wanted another drink. 😉 After a while, we were dancing and touching you know, like a normal date. I did get a New Year's Kiss. I did get a good night kiss. I realized that five years without a kiss has put me out of practice, poor date.
When we were in the garage he asked if I could make it home because the roads were icy. I said yes, but I was surprised that he didn't say something like "Hey text me when you get home so I know you made it okay." That seems reasonable because of all of the drunk drivers and the hazardous conditions. Nope. I could be dead today and he would never know, lol.
Ok, here it is, the absolute BEST kiss offline I have ever heard which is why this is a Violent Femmes post and not a Gogol Bordello post......as he walked away from me after the goodnight kiss he said this:
"Goodnight Melanie, have a nice year"
Epic. Honest. Direct. I like his style. I won't be getting any texts. I won't be seeing him again. Well done hot date, well done.

Comments
Post a Comment